Big biz Experience: Robertsons Spices/Unilever, Sainsburys Supermarket UK
Small biz Experience: Paycode – Fin Tech company, St Gobain Gyproc
Andrea has a broad marketing experience across many industries and believe the power of marketing principles can drive growth for any business, whether it is selling a ‘screw’ for a small industrial brand to large global brands.
She has 10 years marketing consulting across variety of fields, FMCG, Retail, Financial services & Telecommunications and 10 Years classic FMCG and Retail Marketing experience in both UK (Sainsburys & BAA) and South Africa (Robertsons/Unilever)
She believes in using strategic models and frameworks to ask the right questions. Marketing & business plans should be simple, yet not simplistic to grow your company’s bottom line. It’s about putting the consumer or customer in the center of any business plan, and really extract key insights to better sell to them or offer new products that solve unmet needs.
She believe this is the key to growing your business. Marketing cannot operate in isolation, so what is critical, even with a great product or service, the businesses need the right process & tools in places and leaders & colleagues need the capability to deliver
Key Areas of Expertise
- Business & Marketing strategy specifically: market segmentation, positioning, portfolio planning, innovation & communication development
- Full mix, budget, team & project management experience Highly creative, a real passion and flair for strategic thinking, unearthing new insight, new product development and customer service
- Strong interpersonal, influencing and communications skills
- Positive, energetic and motivating style
- Formulated their growth strategy for the next 5 years. (JHC is a social housing company in inner city JHB, with over R1Bn of property under management).
Vodacom SA M-Pesa
Consulted team to understand the current business model, unpacking the consumer drivers in South Africa vs. other markets thereby unpacking the lack of traction and ultimately contributing to Vodacom SA withdrawing its investment in M-Pesa SA.
- Worked with a design agency and to redefine their brand positioning to further differentiate their brand by launching their proposition “space to thrive” and the “undeposit” proposition.
- I was the strategy lead focusing on Nestlé’s Global beverage segmentation, which we rolled out to 26 countries. I was the strategy lead on projects in South Africa, Greece, Magreb, and Chile. This segmentation identified growth opportunities for Nestlé’s portfolio of brands, and opportunity gaps by country. We flexed a global model to take advantage of local nuances
- Developed & delivered strategic workshops to build a category strategy across 6 of their categories: Jewellery, Small appliances & large appliances, Homeware, Sports & Foodco.
Sainsbury’s Supermarket UK
- Launched a new checkout service initiative which had 87% of customers rating it excellent or very good and it was rolled out to 100 stores.