Big biz Experience: British American Tobacco (BATSA), Standard Bank of South Africa
Small biz Experience: Pressure Die Cast, Cutie and Cute
Through the years I’ve gained considerable experience in a number of relevant business spheres which make me an asset to any directing and leading environment. My business experience, gained in both the corporate working network across the country, as well as a business owner and operator in the provinces of Gauteng, KwaZulu-Natal and the Eastern Cape, make me an invaluable resource.
I’ve also been involved within structures which involve entrepreneurship, young adults and their holistic development and wellbeing, which is an important consideration in the responsible functioning and development of management structures. Through my entrepreneurial flair and social responsibility I’ve also been involved in the development of a number of social enterprises, clubs and societies.
Key Areas of Expertise
- Strategic Marketing with focus on delivering value
- Coaching and Inspirational teaching abilities with an ability to positively influence
- Holistic grasp of business, the environment and all influencing elements
- B-BBEE and legislation surrounding its implementation Relationship builder with sound analytical proficiency
- People orientated with outstanding communication flair
- Strategic thinker with excellent presentation skills
Benson and Hedges
- Repositioned the Cigarette Franchise as a Lights only cigarette brand
- Rationalised Benson and Hedges and brought back a Global Drive Brand – Kent, into the market.
- Transitioned Capitec Bank from a Micro-Lending financial company to a Recognised Retail Bank
- Worked on Capitec Bank’s first ever Above-the-Line Marketing activities which also won creative awards
- Managed and grew (by 21%) a corporate portfolio with an annual turnover of R1.28 billion per annum for Diners Club International.
- Secured a three year business contract with the MTN group throughout the African continent.
KwaZulu-Natal Liquor Authority
- In partnership with KPMG, we founded and launched the KwaZulu-Natal Liquor Authority where we designed and developed the logo and all their Marketing and Communications strategy related work.
KwaZulu-Natal Sharks Board
- Redeveloped and repositioned the KwaZulu-Natal Sharks Board as a leading tourism attraction within the province of KZN
Durban Entrepreneurs Club
- Founding member and committee member of the Durban Entrepreneurs Club where we’ve managed to attract over 120 business entrepreneurs and personalities in less than a year.
- I serve as a board member of Step-Up which is an NPO developed to close the social divide and exposure of schools through entrepreneurship.