Big biz Experience: Ster KinekorSony; Ericsson
Small biz Experience: Gondwana Environmental Solutions; Edublox
Sonja is an expert at creating marketing strategies that deliver bottom line results. Her experience and expertise’s in guiding their successful execution will further deliver results. Sonja focuses on transforming how a business attracts, retains and engages with customers across all areas of the business.
Her success is based in business turn-around and go-to-market strategies, her broad marketing skillset, covering all spectrums of marketing including strategy, marketing communication and marketing positioning, coupled with her diverse experience gained in her over 20 years corporate career are linked to delivering profitable growth. She has the ability and passion to effectively transform ideas into success, which is what motivates and drives her.
Key Areas of Expertise
- Lead generation strategies – linked directly to increase in sales conversion rates.
- Delivering business solutions to drive profitable growth.
- Market positioning - ensuring the right customers are targeted for your product.
- Business turnaround – growing business from strength to strength.
- Market share growth – Ensuring you establish your position and share of the market.
- Go-to-market strategies – launching product and businesses into new markets.
- Director Marketing & Sales Responsibly for launching and establishing the Fujifilm digital camera brand in South Africa retail environment. Instrumental in driving a growth in business brand and overall share in the market.
Managing Director Africa / Head of marketing – Africa (Southern Africa and Nigeria):
- Responsibly for launching and establishing the Sony Ericsson brand in South Africa and Nigeria as key markets, with roll over into other Sub-Saharan Africa countries. Led the marketing team responsible for the 2010 FIFA World Cup and 2009 Confederation Cup activities as a headline sponsor with Sony. Instrumental in driving a growth in business brand and value share in the market.
Chief Operating Officer / Marketing Director:
- Led PlayStation 4 marketing strategy, linked to global objectives on hardware and software sales, including sales volumes and revenue expectations. Developed annual marketing strategy for PlayStation, with focus on driving PlayStation online business. Responsible for the product launch and lifecycle planning of all home entertainment products.