Big biz Experience: Indigo Brands, Clicks
Small biz Experience: The Voice Clinic, Alchemy Business Development
Karen is a results-driven Marketing and Sales director with a 30 year, proven track record of successfully aligning brand marketing, sales and operational strategies to deliver growth and profitability as well as exceptional service quality to the customer.
With an entrepreneurial spirit and a broad range of marketing, strategic, sales and leadership skills, Karen is able to share both her infectious energy and the expertise that she has gained in a diverse corporate environments.
Key Areas of Expertise
- New product development (from inception to end user)
- Diverse experience ranging from cosmetics, training, glass fitting, manufacturing, publishing and gardening industries
- Building and growing brands
- Creating brand awareness with emphasis on in store execution Department store,
- FMCG chain and Wholesale retail (Pick ’n Pay, Clicks, Woolworths, Foschini, Edgars, Dischem and Shoprite Checkers) Digital marketing platforms and e-commerce websites
- Mass luxury and luxury consumer goods marketing
- Management of licensed brands
- Established Adidas as a credible personal care brand Grew and established the aerosol market leadership with a 44% market share. Developed and facilitated implementation of strategic marketing and sales plans for both short and long term. Established and led the Celebrity fragrance franchise in South Africa
- Facilitated a merchandising and launch plan for a new Dealer Owned brand.
The Voice Clinic
- Develop sales and marketing strategies that yielded 60% growth in H1FY17. Restructure business to optimize efficiencies and results.
Alchemy Business Development
- Built business from a start-up with one brand to SME with 5 brands in 5 major retailers.Developed business and expansion strategies.Doubled brand sales in 2 years.