Big biz Experience:Unilever; Nokia
Small biz Experience:Brandtone; Cugi
Purity is a highly effective Marketing and Business development professional with over 18 years of diverse and broad marketing, branding and communications experience in FMCG, Telecommunications Industry and Advertising across different categories in Africa, Middle East, India and Asia. She has expertise in creating marketing strategies which transform how a business attracts, retains and engages customers across channels be it offline or online.
She has successfully handled various senior marketing/ business development roles in Multi-National organizations like Unilever Plc, Nokia Corporation and Brandtone, which is a global leading mobile marketing and engagement specialist agency.
Her success is based on a customer-centric approach, a broad skillset and an ability to shape ideas which can be delivered quickly. Her recent part-time portfolio includes consulting work in the drinks category, alcohol, lubricants, confectionery, digital health and mobile traditional channel development.
Key Areas of Expertise
- Brand Strategy Formulation, Planning and Execution contributing to top line growth, Market Share and Brand Health Multi-channel marketing plans for online, mobile, offline and social channels.
- Portfolio Management, Innovation and Renovation of brands
- Field Sales and Customer Development Planning and Execution
- Pragmatic, creative and customer-centric business and product strategies
- New product and service development
- Leading the management of Brandtone with respect to Business Development, Customer Management, Profitability and capacity building.Setting up, developing and managing expansion beyond South Africa of the Brandtone Business in Kenya, Ghana and Nigeria
- Working with global teams and being responsible for regional input into product roadmap and communication development.Oversee new product, services and mobile solutions launches into account and works in partnership with Customer fulfilment and pre and post sales areas to ensure seamless introduction of new product services and solutions to accounts. Successfully share growth for Nokia by 6% points in the time between 2008 and 2010
- Responsible for the overall Brand Equity Management across multi markets in the Africa, Middle East region to deliver market share growth for multiple brands, overall category growth across the regions as well as managing a network of advertising, media agencies.Responsible for the migration and merging of different brands to a single family health positioning across multi markets in the Africa, Middle East region. This migration led to a growth in value of combined brands by Euro 7 million over two years while managing to grow share in 4 markets and maintain share in the rest of the marketsStrong management of a large cross functional team involving development, manufacturing, research, finance to deliver the complex project on timeSuccessfully led and delivered a project to deliver the new Architecture including positioning of various brands in the category, new product development, packaging development including design and advertising.