Washtub Laundry Case Study
Washtub is an established business that provides specialised industrial laundry services to the secondary healthcare and hospitality sectors in the Western Cape, South Africa. The business plateaued three years ago, experienced some client loss and was not having success acquiring new business.
- Strong logo but undeveloped brand identity, no distinct USP or value proposition;
- One-page website;
- Internal customer-centric culture but product focused marketing approach;
- Homogenous target markets sales approach, limited segmentation
- ‘Knock on doors’ new business methodology
- Relying on word-of-mouth referral and online telephone directory listings for inbound leads;
- High risk >85% of business generated from the public Healthcare sector
- Limited marketing budget
- Implemented a customer-centric and benefits-driven marketing strategy focused on solving customer’s problems and adding value.
- Fine-tuned target markets and profiled their ideal customers and through a detailed understanding of the customer base and profit opportunity.
- Applied an inbound business generation strategy and structured sales approach
- Launched the brand in the digital space
- Introduced email leads nurturing campaign
- Gained internal buy-in and implementation throughout the business through ongoing internal workshops and sharing sessions.
- 150% increase in qualified inbound leads68% increase in Facebook Followers
- 68% increase in Facebook Followers
- Secured the business of previously inaccessible premium hospitality clients
- Invited to participate in exclusive invitation-only tender processes in the private healthcare sector.
- Attracted the attention of SA’s leading business publication (Entrepreneur Magazine SA) and is featured in the June 2017 issue.
- Washtubs founder and managing director selected to participate in Fair Lady’s Women of the Future Awards 2017.